Sunday, September 16, 2012

GAME Plan


          As I embark down another road through my Masters course, I find that while I am aware of the NETS-T standards, there are several indicators in which I would like to strengthen my teaching abilities. The first area in which I would like to become more adept is Standard 5: “Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership” (International Society for Technology in Education, 2008). I especially want to work on participating in professional learning communities which are dedicated to integrating technology into classrooms with the focus on improving the learning of students. My first step toward this goal is to locate PLCs which are dedicated to this focus. I will begin by signing into pd360, which is a professional development program provided by my school. I believe that this resource will help me to find PLCs which fit what I specifically want to focus upon.

          The second area which I want to focus on is Standard 2: “Design and Develop Digital Age Learning Experiences and Assessments”(International Society for Technology in Education, 2008). I do spend a great deal of time working to integrate technology into every subject area, but I want this to become a much more seamless experience for my students, in which most of their learning is rooted in the use of various levels and kinds of technology. Again, I think that reviewing the offerings of pd360 will be helpful, though I think that participating in the a PLC, like the one described above, will help me to become a much better teacher, and especially a teacher of 21st Century Skills.  

          I am excited to begin this new journey toward improving my teaching, especially in regards to integrating technology more readily into my classroom. My goal, since beginning this Masters degree has been to improve my teaching, now I finally feel that I am gaining the tools to really make a positive impact on my teaching, and subsequently the learning of my students!

References
Cennamo, K., Ross, J., Ertmer, P. (2009). Technology integration for meaningful classroom use.
International Society for Technology in Education. (2008). National education standards for teachers (NETS-T). Retrieved from http://www.iste.org/Libraries/PDFs/NETS_for_Teachers_2008_EN.sflb.ashx

No comments:

Post a Comment